Government affects our personal and professional lives on a daily basis. This is particularly true in Alaska where a third of all jobs are with state, local and the federal government. So studying government (or political science) equips you to:
- Understand and interpret current affairs in a rapidly changing world.
- Deal with government in your future profession or business.
- Seek a variety of jobs in government.
- Work for various public and private interest groups that lobby government.
- Seek election to public office.