Resources available for UAS students:
Resumes and Cover Letters:
- Type of resume, Chronological or functional - what are they and type would be best for you?
- Cover letter - how to create a cover letter that employers will want to read
- Application navigation techniques - landmines to avoid
- How to build instant rapport with the hiring manager
- Questions to ask at the end of the interview to "knock it out of the park"
- What NOT to do before/during/after an interview
Job Search Strategies
- How to find your dream job in a competitive market
- Networking - how to approach potential employers effectively
- Online portfolio tools that are FREE
- Job acceptance letter - what information is critical to include
- Thank-you - how to set yourself apart from the other candidates after an interview
Need help with the topics above? Schedule an appointment with Career Services:
- Phone: 907-796-6000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by the Student Resource Center located in lower Mourant building
Employment Forecast for Alaska 2017 - employment forecast for multiple industries in the state of Alaska for 2013. Analysis completed by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development department.
Find Alaska Employers - searchable database of employers in Alaska. Allows you to contact businesses directly to inquire about available/upcoming positions.
Local Juneau Businesses - connect with local businesses via the Juneau Chamber of Commerce Business Directory.
LinkedIn - find alumni, internships; research companies.
The Ladders is a website that has excellent career advice as well as job listings.
'“I would highly recommend students and alumni visit Career Services. Dare I say, scheduling an appointment with Career Services should be a part of the academic curriculum and a requirement prior to graduating from UAS! I learned to highlight my skills in a detailed and specific manner which, have in turn, made me more competitive among other qualified candidates.” -Marisela Velazquez, UAS Alumna'Career Services