Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary
One year intensive; Juneau, Anchorage, Sitka, Ketchikan, Fairbanks or other Alaskan communities.
Deadline: All application materials must be received by Friday, March 1, 2013, to be considered in the first round for the 2013-2014 program.
ANCHORAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT: Placement in the ASD involves a number of steps. Please let us know TODAY of your intention to intern in the ASD so we can work with you to begin facilitating the process.
The following items are necessary for a complete application:
- A completed graduate application with $60 processing fee; (Note: Admission status notices are mailed out by the School of Education. Conditional admission status may be granted. Conditions must be completed within time specified at admission. For information about online application visit UAS Admissions:)
- An official transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0;
- Transcripts from all universities or colleges attended. These will be used for assessment of applicant's content preparation;
- Two (2) recommendation forms addressing Academic Content and Dispositions;
- Student Information Sheet |.pdf (36k) |;
- Information Release Waiver Statement |.pdf (72k) |:
- Current Resume
- An admissions writing assessment consisting of a Statement of Professional Objectives. Please refer to this Student Self-Evaluation sheet
and the Writing Sample Guidelines
- Praxis I exam results. (Note: You must TAKE the Praxis I test for admission. If you do not pass all sections of the test, you may retake it. You must PASS the Praxis I to complete the program.) Visit the Praxis series online at ETS (http://www.ets.org/). Your scores need to be sent to UAS (code R4897) and the Department of Education & Early Development (R7027).
- Background Check: Your application file will not be complete until the required fingerprint cards and Student Teaching Authorization application is received back to our office.
- Students wishing to intern with the Anchorage School District: Please notify us of your intent as soon as possible so that we may begin to facilitate student teaching placement opportunities prior to the application deadline.
Send all application forms and information to:
11120 Glacier Highway
Juneau, AK 99801-8671
|For questions, contact Dr. Marvel:
Phone: 907-796-6079Fax: 907-796-6059 Toll free: email@example.com