The deadline for applications is April 30th. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. The following items are necessary for a complete application:
- A completed graduate application and $60 processing fee.
- Official academic transcript indicating a baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation (on the SOE recommendation form)
- Writing assessment
A 2-3 page typewritten, double-spaced formal paper containing a summary of your educational experiences, a description of professional goals related to what is needed to teach Alaska's students and those beyond and a statement of how the program might help in attaining those goals. This statement will be judged in terms of readability and style as well as compatibility of the student's objectives, expectations and goals of the program.
- Statement of ability to do field experience (pdf)
- A copy of current teaching or administrative certificate.
Send all of these items to:University of Alaska SoutheastAttention: Admissions11120 Glacier HighwayJuneau, AK 99801