(36 credits for the M.Ed.)
The following 24 credits lead to a Graduate Certificate and the early childhood endorsement.
|ECE 605||Early Childhood Education Principles and Practices||3||Sp even|
|ECE 609||Classroom Management & Child Guidance in Early Childhood||3||Fall, Sp, Su (starting Fl 2010)
|EDSE 682||Inclusive Education for Students with Disabilities
|ED 651||Oral language & Playful Literacy||3||Su even|
|ECE 661||Young Children & Literacy||3||F/Sp all|
|ECE 662||Advanced Studies in Play & Child Development in Early Childhood Education||3||Su even|
|ECE 663||Integrated Constructivist Curriculum in Early Childhood||3||Su odd|
|ECE 664||Curriculum Development in EC Programs||3||F even|
The following 12 credits complete the master’s coursework
|ED 626||Classroom Research||3||All|
|EDET 628||Technology in Instructional Design||3||All|
|ED 692||Education Seminar||3||Fl|
|ECE 698||Master's Research Project||1-3v||Sp|
- Current course schedule and registration information — UAS Course Schedules. Available as a PDF document or as an online schedule search.
- Course Registration Form (PDF | 78k) -or- download Course Registration Form (with fill-in enabled) (PDF | 166k).
- Course descriptions— UAS Course Catalog.
- Course websites—UAS Online!.
- Current/prior students can log on to UAOnline to register for courses (Courses that require an instructor signature are not available for online registration).
- New students can apply for admission at M.Ed. in ECE.
- The UAS Financial Aid site is worth a visit.
- There is information about support services, student life, as well as other resources at the UAS Student Services site.
Coordinator Early Childhood Education
School of Education: Mailstop HA1
University of Alaska Southeast
11120 Glacier Highway
Juneau, Alaska 99801
866-465-6424 (toll free)