Applying to the Master's Program
Important Note: The admission application form is online but all other materials should be mailed to University of Alaska Southeast Admissions; 11120 Glacier Highway; Juneau, AK 99801.
- A completed graduate application and $60 processing fee.
- Official academic transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0
- Two (2) general recommendations written by former or current professors, employers, or supervisors who are familiar with your work and performance. Each recommendation must be submitted using the Letter of Recommendation for Graduate Programs form.
- A recommendation documenting your ability to meet the educational technology standards required for entry to the program. This recommendation should be completed by an administrator, supervisor, or technology leader. The form is available in Word and PDF formats.
- Statement of Professional Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double spaced formal paper containing:
- a summary of educational experiences,
- a description of professional goals related to what is needed to teach students in Alaska and beyond,
- evidence of advanced understanding of technology operations and concepts, and
- a statement of how the program for advanced teaching candidates might help in attaining those goals. (An advanced teaching candidate is someone who is currently teaching, has taught, has experience in education, or has a teaching credential and access to a classroom for field experience.)
- This statement will be judged in terms of readability and style as well as compatibility of the student's objectives and expectations and the goals of the program
- If you are a teacher and wish to receive an Educational Technology endorsement once you have completed the graduate certificate, a copy of your current teaching certificate should be provided at admission.
- Once you meet the above criteria, you will be admitted on a departmental conditional basis. After you complete ED 628 and ED 632 with B or better you will be admitted with full status.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Moffitt, Administrative Assistant of the Educational Technology Program.