The following items are necessary for a complete application to the Masters of Education in Special Education
- A complete Graduate Application and $60 application fee
- Official transcript showing bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA
- Copy of current teaching certificate or admission to SOE teaching program
- Two letters of recommendation on SOE form
- Writing sample (1-2 page typed essay, double spaced). Describe your professional goals and explain why you want to be a special education teacher and/or work with individuals with disabilities. Describe your commitment to diversity in school and classroom settings.
Send all admission documents to:University of Alaska Southeast Admissions11120 Glacier HighwayJuneau, AK 99801
You can also fax or email all but the official transcript to 907-796-6365 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To request more information, please email or call:
Jill Burkert, Ph.D.
Interim Program Coordinator