The Alaska Arts Education Consortium (AAEC) is an affiliation of school districts, organizations and individuals committed to preparing and supporting educators so that they can teach the arts across the curriculum.
Our mission is to promote high achievement for all Alaskan students in and through the arts by:
- Creating and sustaining communication networks
- Initiating and strengthening community partnerships
- Preparing and supporting educators through professional development.
The arts are vitally important as we strive to educate Alaskan students to be effective communicators and responsible, contributing citizens.
In the broadest sense the arts...
- Engage a variety of learning styles
- Build self worth and pride of accomplishment
- Provide opportunities to learn new skills and strategies
- Develop critical thinking and the ability to creatively approach and solve problems
- Foster self-discipline, teamwork and leadership capacities
- Allow us to participate across circumstance in the ongoing conversation of humankind.
For more information on the Alaska Arts Education Consortium, contact Cristine Crooks (907-364-2290 • email@example.com)
© 2006 Alaska Arts Education Consortium