The Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology develops the skills and abilities to design and create effective instructional experiences in a digital age environment. The program is delivered in a 100% online asynchronous format so that participants may complete the degree requirements while working full time. Graduates of this program are prepared to lead transformational change in educational environments. Emphasis is placed on creating high quality technology-enhanced teaching and training environments by developing characteristics of:
- Visionary Leadership
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Digital-age Learning Environments
- Professional Development and Program Development
- Digital Citizenship
Please refer to the academic catalog for a complete list of course requirements.
Graduate Certificate Program - Educational Technology
By completing the UAS Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology, you qualify for the UAS Institutional Recommendation to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development's Endorsement in Educational Technology. You may apply for this program at any point in your coursework, but you must apply with UAS before applying to EED for your endorsement.
Do not hesitate to contact the Student Services Assistant with any questions about application materials or the application process. The following items are necessary for a complete application:
- A completed graduate application and $60 processing fee.
- Official academic transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0.
- Transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted.
- Two (2) general recommendations written by former or current professors, employers, or supervisors who are familiar with your work and performance and are not related to you.
- This requirement can be met by logging in to the UAS application portal and providing contact information for two references.
- Statement of Professional Objectives - Instructions here.
- A current Alaskan teaching certificate.
Send all these items to:
|Attn: Deema Ferguson|
|11066 Auke Lake Way|
Juneau, AK 99801