Endorsement Area in Distance Teaching and e-Learning
In order to help meet Alaska’s K-12 schools need for teachers who are proficient in distance delivery and e-learning, the University of Alaska Southeast’s School of Education offers coursework leading to an endorsement in Distance Teaching and E-Learning. It provides opportunities for educators to develop advanced competencies in designing, delivering and managing effective online instruction for virtual school contexts. These 18 credits lead to advanced knowledge and skills that will help educators meet Alaska’s demand for distance delivered e-learning options.
Course of Study (18 credits):
|EDET 628||Technology in Instructional Design||3|
|EDET 674||Virtual Teaching and Learning||3|
|EDET 694||Practicum in Virtual Teaching and Learning||3|
|EDET 637||Differentiating Instruction through Instructional Design||3|
* EDET 637 or any other approved EDET course would satisfy this 3 credit requirement.
Professional Development Courses:
ED 593 Topics to be approved * 6 credits
* To be approved by UAS Program Coordinator and Dean of Education and Graduate Studies.
Applying to the Distance Teaching & e-Learning Endorsement Area
- Admission Checklist (.pdf)
- Request for Admission (.pdf)
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript
- GPA of 3.0 or higher to be fully admitted.
- If lower, advisor may choose to admit with provisions.
- Transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted.
- Statement of Professional Goals and Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double-spaced paper containing:
- a summary of educational experiences;
- a description of professional goals related to what is needed to teach students in Alaska and beyond;
- evidence of advanced understanding of technology operations and concepts;
- a statement of how this endorsement for advanced teaching candidates might help in attaining your goals.
- This statement will be judged in terms of readibility and style as well as compatibility of your objectives and expectations with the goals of this endorsement area.
Please send all admission documents via email to the School of Education Student Services Assistant.
Or mail to:
Student Services Assistant
UAS, School of Education
11120 Glacier Hwy, HA 2
Juneau, Alaska 99801
If you have specific e-Learning Endorsement Area questions please contact Dr. Graham directly.