Please note: This program is only available to individuals residing within the state of Alaska.
Beginning the summer of 2009, the University of Alaska Southeast and the School of Education began offering a one-year M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program.
The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership program is a cohort program designed to prepare candidates to become school administrators in Alaska.
This program will prepare candidates for the challenges and opportunities inherent in assuming roles as educational leaders in public schools.
We are now accepting applications for candidates in our next cohort. To be considered in the first round for the upcoming program, candidates must submit application materials by mid-January of each year. A secondary review of applications will be completed in an ongoing manner based on available space in the program. Cohorts start in July of each year and candidates should apply for the summer semester.
See the M.Ed. Educational Leadership brochure for additional information.
Please refer to the academic catalog for a complete list of course requirements.
Master of Education Program - Educational Leadership
Do not hesitate to contact the Student Services Assistant with any questions about application materials of the application process. The following items are necessary for a complete application:
- A completed graduate application and $60 processing fee.
- Official academic transcript indicating baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended (excluding UAS, UAF, or UAA). These will be used for assessment of your content preparation.
- Document at least three years public school teaching experience. Each school district worked for must complete this Employment Verification form.
- Letter of recommendation and support from the superintendent of schools (or their designee) from the district in which the internship will occur.
- This requirement can be met by logging in to the UAS application portal and providing contact information for your reference.
- Statement of Professional Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double spaced formal paper containing:
A. the candidate's educational and professional experiences and
B. outline the professional goals to be achieved through the M.Ed. in
C. please see the writing sample guidelines.
Send all of these items to:
|Attn: Deema Ferguson|
|11066 Auke Lake Way|
Juneau, AK 99801
If you have any questions about the program please feel free to contact Jerry Schoenberger, Faculty Advisor for the Educational Leadership Program.