UAS Mail Room Service
The University of Alaska Southeast mailing address: (include your mail stop code)11120 Glacier Highway Juneau, Alaska 99801
The mailing address for students living at the Freshman Residence Hall is 11090 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK 99801.
The mailing address for students living at the housing complex is 4300 University Drive, Juneau, AK 99801
The Juneau Center for Fisheries and Ocean Sciences is located at Lena Point and they are not on the UAS inter campus mail system. Their mailing address is:School of Fisheries & Ocean Sciences University of Alaska Fairbanks 17101 Point Lena Loop Road Juneau, AK 99801
What we do:
Receive, collect, sort and deliver inter campus and US mail twice daily, receive FedEx, UPS and other parcels for delivery We also have a stock of various USPS mail supplies on hand or you can order most of them free directly from the USPS at www.usps.gov
Please inform our office (796-6496) of new employees and their respective mail stop code. Let us know if you need inter campus envelopes, we usually have a limited supply of recycled envelopes on hand.
The University contracts with the State of Alaska Central Mail Service to post the outgoing US Mail and to transport mail between the UAS mailroom and the Technical Education Center.
The campus does not have an ongoing contract with FedEx or UPS for shipping or daily pickup of outgoing parcels. These carriers only stop at our site if they have a delivery to make or if a department has made arrangements with them for a pickup.
- Zip Code Lookup: This site will show the zip+4 digit zip code for any address.
- USPS Forms: Look for forms used for bulk mail permits, etc. When using the 3602-NZ form for bulk mail, always send a copy of the form to Facilities Services with your department org number listed at the top.
- PSform 2976: Image of form. Be sure to use the new Customs Declaration form.
- Inter Campus Mail form:(40 Kb)
- Mail Delievery Database: (64 Kb) Alphabetical employee list with corresponding mail stop codes used for campus mail delivery.
- Biological and Chemical Hazards in Letters/Packages: (24Kb) Use Caution when opening mail.
Inter Campus Mail Schedule
The Auke Lake inter campus mail deliveries are at 9:30a.m. and 12:30p.m. and the delivery schedule is as follows:
- Hendrickson Annex
- Hendrickson Building
- Soboleff Annex
- Soboleff Building
- Whitehead Building
- Novatney Building
- Mourant Building
- Bill Egan Building
- Bookstore/Admin Services Building
- Anderson Building
- Freshman Residence Hall (9:30 a.m. only)
- Facilities Planning & Construction
- Student Lodge (9:30 a.m. only)
- Student Recreation Center (9:30 a.m. only)
Technical Education Center mail deliveries are at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Here are some steps to take to help make our campus mail more efficient:
- Please notify our office (796-6496) of new employees and their mail stop codes.
- Always put department org to be charged by return address.
- Charges for outgoing US mail can only be made to department orgs that
are on the current year's purchase order. Please let our office know
(796-6496) when adding an org to the purchase order.
- Be sure the address is complete and legible-don't forget the zip code.
- If your letter/package is going to another country, be sure the country name is spelled out.
- If you need to have something insured, be sure to note how much you want it insured for.
- Tag international mail with a post-it note overhanging edge of envelope.
- If you have a large quantity of outgoing US mail, it must be bundled separately by zip code and org.
- Please use the current inter-campus mail forms listed on the web site.
Visit the USPS website (www.usps.gov) to learn about the different shipping methods that are available and also to help determine the best shipping method for your particular circumstance: (www.usps.gov/tools/calculatepostage).