Terms and Conditions
This page includes all the terms and conditions of your financial aid awards. You are expected to read and understand this information. Review Frequently Asked Questions, or contact our office if you have any questions.
Click here to view a printable PDF of this page.
- You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program to receive any Financial Aid at UAS.
- Failure to accept the Offer of Financial Aid within 30 days of the date listed on the offer may result in the cancellation of the offer.
- Federal Direct Loans require you to complete a Promissory Note and an online Loan Entrance Counseling session.
- Your credit hours will be locked on Census Day. The date is updated every semester on the University’s Financial Aid website. Financial Aid awards will be adjusted based on enrolled credits on Census Day.
- All funds offered must first go toward payment of direct educational expenses as reflected on your student account (e.g. tuition, fees, room and board). Remaining funds may be disbursed to you in the form of a refund check after the 5th day of the semester. You may only use this money for education related expenses.
- Students receiving any Tuition Waiver funds are only eligible to use that waiver at the campus designated (e.g. you cannot use a Juneau Tuition Waiver for credits at Ketchikan, Sitka, UAA or UAF).
- You are required to report any additional scholarships, grants, or loans not shown on the Offer of Financial Aid to the Financial Aid Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so may void your funding. Financial Aid will be prorated based on your enrollment level. In general, full time will receive 100%, three quarter time will receive 75%, half time will receive 50%, and less than half time students will receive 0% of grant aid. Financial Aid will only cover required classes for your program of study.
- Credits enrolled per semester must meet the Federal Repeat Rule as defined in the UAS catalog. This rule applies to all funding sources at UAS.
- Graduate students must review the Graduate page on the Financial Aid website for additional Terms and Conditions.
- The total of all financial aid (scholarships, loans, etc.) may not exceed your Cost of Attendance for a given year. The Cost of Attendance figure listed on your Offer of Financial Aid is based on information provided on your FAFSA.
- You are required to view the Financial Aid tabs in UAOnline every two weeks during periods of enrollment. UAS will post important information about your financial aid on UAOnline exclusively.
- By accepting any part of this and subsequent offers of financial aid assistance, you certify that you have read, understand, and accept the Satisfactory Academic Progress and Return of Title IV policies. In order to receive financial aid, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as detailed on the UAS Financial Aid website. Your Offer of Financial Aid is void if you become ineligible for any reason, including not making Satisfactory Academic Progress or academic disqualification.
- You agree that the materials contained in your financial aid file become the property of University of Alaska Southeast. All materials will be handled in accordance with Federal FERPA regulations.
- The University of Alaska Southeast’s Financial Aid Office reserves the right to review, modify, or cancel Offers of Financial Aid at any time on the basis of information affecting your eligibility. This includes, but is not limited to, changes in your financial, marital, residence, or academic status, or changes in the availability of federal, state, private, or University funds and may occur without notice. Offers also may be modified based on disciplinary action taken against a recipient or on the discovery of processing errors.
- Most Foundation scholarships require full time enrollment.
- Students must commence attendance in all registered classes to be eligible for Financial Aid.
- UAS is not responsible for debts incurred by students before or after Financial Aid refund checks are issued.