January 23, 2013: If your copy of Respondus can't connect to Blackboard then you need to
- Check for updates (from the Help menu)
- If it still won't work then you may need to install the "patch" available at this web address
Note that we have the "Campus Wide" edition
- Contact the Juneau Helpdesk if you need more assistance
If you are unable to install the "patch" then you can still save a zipped file and import that into Blackboard. The following link tells you how to save a zip file then import that
Respondus: What is it?
Respondus is a Windows program which lets you create and manage tests
- Create tests in Word (you can even insert pictures in the questions!)
- Tests can be easily uploaded to Blackboard
- Tests can also be printed
- Use Respondus to export tests and reports
Where do you get it?
UAS has an annual site license for Respondus. Download and licensing information is found on the site below. The license renews in July - you will need to return and get a new installation password each year.
- Download Respondus and get Password (Requires UAS login)
The information below will help you get started.
More help (from Respondus)
Alternatives for Mac users
An alternative way to generate a file for importing tests is to use this Online Blackboard Test Generator from BYU-Idaho.