The Blackboard Discussion Board
The Discussion Board in the Blackboard Learning Management System is a newer version than the one that was used in UAS Online. New features include:
- Ability to set forums or threads to be "graded" through a discussion grader and linked to the gradebook.
- Ability to allow people to subscribe to forums or threads and receive email when a new post is made.
Enabling the Discussion Board
- When your Blackboard Course Site is initially created, the link to the Discussion Board (Discussions) is hidden from students. This is indicated by the slashed square next to this menu entry (1).
- Enable use of the Discussion Board, use the drop-down menu (2) to the right of the menu entry and choosing "Show Link" (3).
Creating a Forum
In order for your students to post, you'll need to make at least one Discussion Board Forum.
- Click on the Course Menu link "Discussions"
- Click on the button "Create Forum"
- Set options for the forum
More information about the Discussion Board can be found at ondemand.blackboard.com.