Elluminate Changes to Blackboard Collaborate
As part of a UA wide upgrade, the WebMeeting (webconferencing) system has changed from Elluminate to Blackboard Collaborate next semester. Blackboard has purchased Elluminate and Collaborate is an upgrade and enhancement.
- Existing features (e.g., whiteboard/powerpoints, breakout rooms, recorded sessions, polls, webtours, application sharing etc.) remain and there are also significant enhancements (e.g., echo cancelation makes simultaneous speakers feasible!)
- The user interface will change a bit so you’ll want to become familiar with it before classes start. Web links below will get you started.
- In addition to these links, we’ll have several orientation/training sessions during the week of January 6, both online (which will be recorded) and in person in Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka. The schedule will be announced shortly.
Recordings of previous Elluminate sessions will be available through Spring 2014 semester. The UA system as a whole is reviewing possible options for a long term replacement. Access to recordings beyond the spring will be determined as UA investigates long-term options.
Guides and demos for Blackboard Collaborate moderators:
- Blackboard Collaborate 1st Time Users (html)
- Blackboard Collaborate Demo (11 minute recorded session opens in Collaborate)
- Quick Moderators Guide (pdf)
Additional information and resources for both moderators and participants
(Note that we won’t yet have mobile capability or recording conversion to mp3. )