A new freshman residence hall is slated to open for the fall 2014 semester on the University of Alaska Southeast Juneau campus. Situated between the Noyes Pavilion and Auke Lake Way, the state of the art facility offers several benefits to new students:
- The 120-bed, suite-style hall is located directly on-campus, a short walk from dining services, the Egan Library, and the UAS Learning Center and public transportation
- The residence hall will feature a special group area with an adjoining kitchen for meetings and social gatherings
- The top floors look out on one of the most spectacular views in the world: Auke Lake, mountains and the Mendenhall glacier
The On Campus Advantage
Beyond simple convenience, students living on campus:
- Join a community of university residents, faculty and staff, students
- finish college faster
- are exposed to a wider range of ideas and cultures
- are challenged to develop strong interpersonal skills
- feel more safe and secure in their living environment
The facility will embody best practices for environmental stewardship, including high levels of thermal insulation, low system operating costs, low maintenance, and healthy indoor materials.
Freshman Housing in the Media & Resources
- Juneau Empire on February 20, 2014: UAS Hopes for recruitment boost from dorm
- UAS News Release on February 1, 2014: Fall 2014 Student Housing Application Period Opens Monday, February 3rd
- Juneau Empire on August 15, 2013: New Dorms to Rise at UAS
- Juneau Empire on June 6, 2012: UAS looks at new dorm option
Freshman Housing FAQs
Ground was broken in June 2013.
UAS Freshman Housing will open this fall semester, welcoming new freshman to UAS in August 2014.
|Freshman Residence Hall (shared room)||$2,500||$1,675||$4,175||$8,350|
For room rates on other on-campus options, visit the housing website.