Explore these web resources to educate yourself about general health issues.
Below are resources for information on healthy eating, diets, and related diseases.
Food Related Diseases- Prevention and Management
- Heart Disease
- Eating Disorders-Symptoms and Treatment
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Tips for a Healthy Diet - Guidelines for developing a plan for healthy eating
- Healthy Fats - Choosing the right fats for your diet
- Healthy Recipes - Guides on how to compile a healthy meal
- FitDay.com - Free diet and weight loss journal
- Healthy Weight Loss - Popular plans and tips for managing your weight
- Dietary Supplements - Use of vitamins, minerals and herbs
Diets and Lifestyles
Use these online resources to find information on sexuality, sexual health, contraception, and other related topics.
- Ask Alice - Columbia University's Health Question and Answer Promotion Program.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Information on Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
- Sexual Health Network - Sexuality information, support, education, and other resources.
- Smarter Sex - Information about sexuality, sex, STDs, and more.
- Planned Parenthood - Information on birth control and pregnancy
Explore these web resources to educate yourself about substance abuse and the ways to treat it.
- E-Medicine Health - Information about substance abuse and other health-related topics.
- Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Treatment and getting help for Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Treatment and getting help for Alcoholism
- Dual Diagnosis- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Quit Smoking and Breathe Easy
- Tobacco Free Campus