Summer Noontime Wellness w/Fran
Tuesday & Thursday
Noon - 1 pm
All levels of fitness are welcomed to attend this full body core and cardio class. Classes will focus on improving core strength by implementing strength building and cardio intervals in various forms of inspired exercises such as, Step Aerobics, Tabata, High Intensity Interval Training, and Full Body Intervals. With the use of dumbbells, bosu, medicine balls and resist-a-ball training, individual progression makes this core & cardio class challenging yet completely adaptable to everyone.
All classes will be a full body workout while focusing on core strength and cardio. Perfect for that lunch time activity that will have you motivated and energized for the rest of your day!
Level: All levels are welcome
Muscle Groups: Full body workout every class
Sign-up/Cost: Sign up and pay at the REC Center service desk. Session starts May 17th and runs till June 30th.
- REC Members: $55 full session | $5 drop-in
- Affiliates: $10 drop-in fee.
*No community access with out REC Center membership. View our Alumni & Friends membership page for how to become a REC Center member.
Personal Training w/Fran
Are you interested in starting a fitness program designed specifically with your own personal needs and busy schedule in mind? If so, then you need a personal trainer!
Meet your Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise Certified personal trainer with over 20 years of experience
- B.S in physical education from Boise State University
- Instructed Physical Education at Juneau Douglas High School and currently for University of Alaska Southeast
- Certified Instructor for: Group Cycling (Spinning), Body Pump, Group Exercise, Strong Women, and Zumba.
Why Personal Train
Three primary reasons to have a personal trainer are education, direction and motivation.
- You’ll learn how to achieve your goals, using an individualized program while receiving instruction and encouragement
- This has proven to be a successful means of achieving personal fitness goals
- For many people, success is possible as they are able to learn and see results while having fun!
- Single Session: $45
- Package #1 (3 sessions)
$40 per session = $120 total
- Package #2 (6 sessions)
$38 per session = $228 total
- Package #3 (12 sessions)
$36 per session = $432 total
Download the PT brochure for more information.
Juneau Summer P.E.
There are no for-credit P.E. course offerings on the Juneau campus this summer. If you need to be active, and we all do, try our Summer Noontime Wellness.
Take a Class
The School of Arts and Sciences offers a variety of Physical Education and Outdoor Studies courses that utilize the resources of the Recreation Center.
Whether you need the structure that a class provides to insure you stay active, want to learn a technical skill in an ODS course, or just interested in learning something new, the REC Center welcomes all students. From the list below open the class details by selecting the course title. If hosted at the REC this will be clearly indicated in the Meets column.
PE Classes: Summer - 2016
Students will participate in a variety of muscle toning, resistance and / or cardio activities. Course is appropriate for all fitness levels who are in generally good health. Wear comfortable clothing which allows for range of motion and bring a water bottle. A course schedule will be available before the first day of class.
5/16 - 8/6
Course is arranged day/times and held at ReFresh Fitness Studio.
Tuition and fees: $190 (additional charges may apply)