Cardio & Core Conditioning w/Keegan
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Noon - 1 pm
All levels of fitness are welcomed to attend this full body core and cardio class. Classes will focus on improving core strength by implementing strength building and cardio intervals in various forms of inspired exercises such as, Step Aerobics, Tabata, High Intensity Interval Training, and Full Body Intervals. With the use of dumbbells, bosu, medicine balls and resist-a-ball training, individual progression makes this core & cardio class challenging yet completely adaptable to everyone.
Monday classes will introduce equipment and exercises using specific props that will be used for that week. Wednesday classes will be full body intervals using props such as the step, bosu, and dumbbells to increase both aerobic and anaerobic endurance. Friday classes will be Tabata day focusing on high intensity and core strength.
All classes will be a full body workout while focusing on core strength and cardio. Come join the fun and get in shape for the winter season ahead!
Level: All levels are welcome
Muscle Groups: Full body workout every class
Sign-up/Cost: Sign up at the REC Center front desk. Starts Aug 24th and running till Dec. 11th. $100 instruction fee includes access to excellent instruction that will have you motivated and energized for the rest of your day. Perfect for that lunch time activity! Sign-up and pay at the REC help desk. $5 drop-in fee.
Monday & Wednesday
Zumba is a dance fitness program created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez during the 1990s.Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. The choreography incorporates hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa, merengue and mambo. Squats and lunges are also included.Approximately 15 million people take weekly Zumba classes in over 200,000 locations across 180 countries.
Level: All levels are welcome
Muscle Groups: Full body workout
Sign-up/Cost: Starts Sept. 14th. Free to REC members and their guest(s) only. Guests pay $5 REC Day pass.
Personal Training w/Fran
Are you interested in starting a fitness program designed specifically with your own personal needs and busy schedule in mind? If so, then you need a personal trainer!
Meet your Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise Certified personal trainer with over 20 years of experience
- B.S in physical education from Boise State University
- Instructed Physical Education at Juneau Douglas High School and currently for University of Alaska Southeast
- Certified Instructor for: Group Cycling (Spinning), Body Pump, Group Exercise, Strong Women, and Zumba.
Why Personal Train
Three primary reasons to have a personal trainer are education, direction and motivation.
- You’ll learn how to achieve your goals, using an individualized program while receiving instruction and encouragement
- This has proven to be a successful means of achieving personal fitness goals
- For many people, success is possible as they are able to learn and see results while having fun!
- Single Session: $45
- Package #1 (3 sessions)
$40 per session = $120 total
- Package #2 (6 sessions)
$38 per session = $228 total
- Package #3 (12 sessions)
$36 per session = $432 total