Library Services for Distance Students
Welcome! The UAS Ketchikan Campus Library is a resource of library support for UAS Distance Education Students in addition to the Egan Library at UAS Juneau. UAS Distance Education Students living in or near Ketchikan, or those enrolled in distance courses taught by Ketchikan faculty, will benefit from the services and materials offered by the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library. The following information will allow you to most successfully take advantage of the library services and materials offered to you by the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library
Your Library Card at the UAS Ketchikan Campus
• The Ketchikan Campus Library is a member of the First City Libraries consortium and requires a separate library card from the Egan Library/Capital City Libraries card in order to check out materials.
• You will be automatically assigned a UAS Ketchikan Library card barcode number during each semester you are registered for any UAS Ketchikan distance class requiring the check out of DVDs or FLIP cameras.
• If you are not registered for a distance class through UAS Ketchikan requiring DVDs or FLIP checkouts, but would like to be issued a library card from the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library please complete the registration form.
Activate Your UAS E-mail Account
When you register for a class at UAS, the Computing Center automatically gives you an e-mail account. If you have problems activating your account, please contact the Help Desk toll-free at 1-877-465-6400 or by e-mail at email@example.com, for log-on instructions.
Access to Online Resources
As a UAS Distance Student, you may access both the online library catalog of the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library through the Library's website, but also many electronic databases are made available to all UAS students by the university and by the State of Alaska. These databases provide abstracts, and frequently the full text (the entire article), of thousands of journal and newspaper articles. You may be required to provide a user name and password, often your UAS e-mail user name and password, to enter these databases. For further information, contact the Ketchikan Campus Library or the Egan Library.
Be sure to check out the Research Guides created by UAS Librarians!
• If you'd like to request books or journal articles from the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library, please fill out this form. Books checked out to you from the Ketchikan Campus Library must be returned (or renewed) by the due date; copies of journal articles are yours to keep. Please honor our 28-day checkout period. A return mailing label is provided for you convenience. You must cover the cost of the return postage.
• If neither the Ketchikan Campus Library nor the Egan Library owns an item you request, we will do our best to borrow it from another library through our Interlibrary Loan Department (ILL), and have it sent directly to you. If we borrow a book from another library on your behalf through our ILL Department, please return it to us in a timely manner. Copies of articles are yours to keep. Allow two weeks for receipt of ILL materials. Articles are often received within 7 days. Very current materials and videos, however, may be more difficult to obtain.
Access to Other Libraries
• Your local library may also be able to assist you in locating materials for your research. To find libraries in your area, go to http://sled.alaska.edu/library-catalogs.
Contact the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library
|Telephone: (907) 228-4567
Fax: (907) 228-4520
UAS Ketchikan Campus Library
|2600 Seventh Avenue
Ketchikan, AK 99901