You may select the time period you deem appropriate for your item from the following choices:
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- 3 hours
- 4 hours
- 1 day
- 2 days
- 4 days
- 7 days
There are three options for how the reserve material may be checked out:
- In Library Use Only - materials may only be used inside the Campus Library
- Open - which allows the item to be used outside the library
- In Library/Overnight - which allows the item to be taken home just prior to closing and returned in the morning
Please locate and submit Campus Library books, along with a completed UAS Library Reserve Request, to the Circulation Desk at the Campus Library. A form may be obtained from the Library.
A barcode and call number will be placed on instructor owned items; if this poses a problem, let us know prior to processing.
Photocopied MaterialsSubmit photocopied materials to the Library.
In order to comply with copyright laws (section 107 and 108 of PL 94-553), permission from the publisher must be obtained for the following situations:
- Continued use of photocopies (more than one term)
- Photocopying of an author's entire work
- Copying of more than one article of a copyrighted collection or periodical issue.
Faculty members will be responsible for obtaining permission from the publisher where needed and for providing the Library with such verification before the beginning of the second term that an item is on reserve. Please see Copyright 101 for Faculty for more information about copyright laws.
Items Owned by Other Libraries
It is against general library ethics and the Interlibrary Loan code to place materials from other libraries on reserve. This includes items requested through Interlibrary Loan and other libraries in the First City Libraries consortium.
Please submit a Reserve form for each class and return it to the Circulation Desk with materials to be processed. Be sure to designate the checkout period. Items will be checked out only for the time period designated by the instructor. The time period will not be changed at the student's request.
Provide file folders for photocopies or loose leaf papers.