The Classroom Support Desk is located at the entrance of the Egan Library. The classroom support desk is where students, faculty, and staff can walk up and receive general information and support for classroom technology.
- The Egan Library offers 23 PC workstations:
- 12 are Student Workstations that have a full suite of academic software,
- 4 Timed Internet Workstations (1 hour sessions, requires login with library card/student ID#/or guest pass),
- 4 Express Internet Workstations (15 mins, no login)
- 3 Library Search Stations (catalog and library e-resources only).
- The Learning Center and Writing Center (located on the lower level of the library) offer additional Student Workstations as well as computer based test proctoring.
- PC laptops are available for 24 hour checkout for UAS students (check availability).
- Egan Library provides both open (UAS Guest) and secure (UAS) Wi-Fi access. Wireless access to networked printers for authenticated UAS users only.
- You can access the network from anywhere on campus using the UAS wireless.
- All campus classroom buildings, cafeteria, housing, and the library have wireless connectivity which is Wi-Fi (802.11b) compliant.
- Most wireless computers will detect our network automatically. If yours does not, please stop by the Reference Desk or Library and Classroom Technology Support Desk (near the front door of Egan Library) for further assistance!
- Student Workstations are virtual desktops and equipped with the standard academic build which includes Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite 5 (including Photoshop), Google Earth and other course specific software including MATLAB, SPSS, R, and more.
- Timed Internet and Express Workstations have MS Office 2013 (Word, Power Point, Excel), Firefox, Explorer and Adobe Reader.
Print, Scan, Copy
Learn how to Print, Scan and Copy in the Library
Equipment checkout is limited to UAS students, faculty and staff with the exception of headphones and typewriter power cords. This is a partial list of all available equipment for checkout. For complete list click, view current availability in the library catalog (or search "Egan Library Checkout").
- Laptops (inventory varies between 5-10)
- Portable DVD-RW drives (USB)
- Digital Audio Recorders
- Graphing calculators
- Digital Projector
- MP3 players
- Digital Adapters (HDMI, mini display port>VGA, iPhone/iPad/iPod 30 pin>HDMI)
- Digital cameras and Flip HD Video cameras
- Photo Slide Projector
- Projection screen
- Teleconference conveners (for use in study/conference rooms)
- Typewriter power cords (for use with electric typewriters in study/conference rooms)
- Power Chargers (iPhone/iPad/iPod older 30 pin model only)
The Egan Library maintains a digital display on the main level in a high traffic area near the circulation desk. The display is used to increase awareness of Library related services, events, news, and initiatives are the top priority for the digital display board. The Egan display may also feature non-library campus research and creative activities as space permits.
Campus groups interested in placing images on the display should read our Digital Display Policy Guidelines. Display ready images (conform to the above guidelines) can be sent to David Cox (Questions? 796-6522).
Library staff are not able to prepare/modify non-conforming images.
Studio A is an audio production room located on the lower level of the Egan Library (room 104A). Primary use of the facility is in support of the UAS Radio Club and UAS Communications classes. UAS Radio Club will provide students interested in radio with training and the opportunity to produce and broadcast their own programs. Broadcast is made possible via KXLL-FM 100.7 Juneau thanks to a partnership between KTOO and UAS. For more info and club contacts visit the UAS Radio Club. Only trained, authorized users with a signed UAS Studio A agreement on file and noted on their library account for the academic year can checkout the key to the studio for 3 hours at a time.
The studio is equipped with:
- MacBook Pro with Audacity sound production software
- 8 channel mixer
- 3 studio grade microphones
- 3 headphones
- 2 studio mix speakers
- sound soak acoustic panels (please don't use as bulletin boards!)