Is this online course for you?
1. Do you have access to a computer with an internet connection?
If you don’t have one at home, you may be able to use one at your work, local library, school campus, a friend’s or a family member’s.
The computer should be located in a quiet place, without distractions, so you can concentrate.
2. Is the computer up to the task?
a) Do you know how to play songs and run video clips on the computer?
b) Do you have a headset or speakers hooked up to the computer for sound?
c) Does the computer have or are you able to download the most recent Adobe Flash player?
Mac computer users need to use FireFox for this course … Safari is not compatible.
3. Do you have access to the computer for two weeks?
Once the start date begins for the course section you are enrolled in, you must complete all course modules and the final quiz within the two week period.
4. Do you have a working email address and phone number?
Satori Group must be able to contact you by phone and email as needed during the two week course time. If you do not have an email address, we can assist you in setting one up.
5. Are you able to comply with the rules?
EPA and the State of Alaska require 8 hours for an Asbestos Abatement Refresher course. In order for this course to be offered online, systems are in place so the instructor can monitor your progress and assist as needed.
To receive your asbestos training certificate from Satori Group, you must:
1) Read and listen to every module
2) Participate in the activities (they’re fun!)
3) Challenge the quizzes (see how smart you are!)
4) Be involved in the discussion boards (‘talk’ with your classmates!)
5) Pass the final quiz with at least 70% correct
6. Can you do coursework on your own?
An instructor will be available by phone and email to assist you with the course as needed. However, no one will tell you to get up, start the computer, work on a module, answer the questions, or arrange an appointment with your proctor to take the final quiz. You must be self-motivated to complete this course … and all within two weeks or less.
Proceed to registration and proctor …