The essence of clinical coaching is to provide experiential learning that ensures safe and effective clinical care. This course will assist you in answering the following questions:
- What is clinical coaching and safe care practice?
- What are the processes and resources for collecting evidence of an individual's behavior and capabilities?
- What teaching and supervising skills do I need?
- How do I foster an environment of respect, self-care, self- confidence, support and personal / professional growth?
This course will provide you with a road map for how:
- to work with a variety of styles
- to approach clinical coaching as a team
- to plan coachee experiences / work
- to assess the 'stage of competence'
- to recognize how various “styles” fit into expectations, communications and workplace culture
There are two components to this course. First is the completion of eight self-paced online modules which contain a variety of readings, presentations, activities and checks for understanding. The second component involves participation in a web meeting (date to be determined by instructor and participants) which provides the opportunity for facilitated discussion.
Access to a computer and the internet is required.
This is a noncredit training which earns 16 continuing education contact hours.
It is an online course, open for enrollment at any time. Once you register and pay, an email will be sent to you with your course access information.