This first course in the Telehealth Coordinator and Telehealth Program Manager Certification series provides an overview of telehealth and the basic knowledge necessary to understand the role of the Telehealth Coordinator in a healthcare organization.
Central components of this course include historical and current reading assignments, participation in class sessions and online discussion forums. The online web meetings are held biweekly and are recorded for access after each session.
By the end of this course, you will be able to satisfy the following:
- Identify available telehealth technologies and the role they play in healthcare delivery
- Describe how telehealth could be utilized as a system for delivery of health care in your organization/region
- Identify the roles the Telehealth Coordinator has in the implementation of various telehealth programs
- Critique key regulatory, confidentiality, and reimbursement issues in telehealth
- Identify strategies that contribute to effective telehealth program development
This is a noncredit training which earns 30 continuing education contact hours (3.0 CEU).
It is generally offered three times per year. Visit our continuing education site to view the next available dates and register.