Checklist for Entering a Program
Are you ready to pursue an educational program at UAS Sitka Campus? This checklist will guide you through the process. Many of the steps can be completed at the same time, in order to streamline your progress.
- Connect with an Advisor - Regardless of your location, our advisors are available to assist you with your career and educational goals, and connect you with the appropriate resources along the way.
- Take Placement Tests - Placement tests assess your abilities in English, Math, and Computers, in order to help determine your course selections. Our tutors can assist you with various options in preparing for and taking the exams you need.
- Apply for Admission - To work toward a degree or to apply for financial aid, you will need to be admitted into a program. Our advisors are available to assist you with admission requirements and the online application process.
- Apply for Financial Aid - If you need financial assistance to help pay for your tuition, the very first step is completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Our advisors are available to assist you with understanding your options and the processes involved.
- Register for Classes - Whether you are a part-time or a full-time student, stay on track with your degree program by selecting, scheduling and registering for your classes.
- Arrange for Payment - If you are not applying for financial assistance, payment plans are available. Please apply early, as tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each semester.
- Start Classes - Prepare for your classes as early as possible by ordering your books and accessing your course sites before the semester begins.
"We are here to help students, wherever you live."
Cheryl Stromme, Student Success Advisor
Student Success Center
General Operating Hours
Mon and Wed: 8am-7pm
Tue and Thu: 8am-8pm
Appointments for Advising, Testing and Tutoring are highly recommended.
Spring Break Hours
Appointments for Testing must be made in advanced this week.