Yellow Cups chosen for national student ceramics exhibition

UAS Art faculty Jeremy Kane and Pedar Dalthorp will attend NCECA with Parker along with fellow students Lindsey Forrest, Andrew Heist and Chelsea Harris.

The work of UAS Ceramics student and Art major Bonilyn Parker has once again been selected for the 2011 National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts National Student Juried Exhibition. Parker’s "two yellow cups" is one of just 40 works selected from a field of 611. Her piece will be considered for several awards for artistic excellence.

Yellow cupsThis year’s conference is being held March 30-April 2 at the Tampa Bay Convention Center in St. Petersburg Florida. The exhibition will be held at the New Tampa Museum of Art and reception at the University of Florida. UAS Art faculty Jeremy Kane and Pedar Dalthorp will attend NCECA with Parker along with fellow students Lindsey Forrest, Andrew Heist and Chelsea Harris.

"I am really looking forward to attending the ceramics conference in Florida with my professors and fellow students. For me it is the most exciting week of the year," said Parker. "I am exposed to an amazing amount of work by the top artists in the field, and it's really exciting to see what other students around the country are doing.  I am also really looking forward to gathering information on graduate programs this year."

In 2010 Parker’s entry won the NCECA Roger Lang award for Student Excellence and the Studio Potter Undergraduate Merit Award.

Content maintained by Webmaster.