Compassionate Communication Workshop

Led by certified trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication, Kathleen Macferran

Compassionate Communication Workshop

• March 23(6-8pm), 24(10am-5pm), and 25(12-6pm) at the University of Alaska Southeast
  • Explore how to bring authenticity and courage into daily life through restorative practices for engaging with conflict in a way that is likely to inspire compassion in others
  • Please register by emailing Claire at clairemurphyduluth@gmail.com or call 609.902.3965

Suggested tuition of $150. No one will be turned away due to lack of funds.

“Last year I received a scholarship from AWARE to attend an NVC training. Prior to this, I thought NVC was a blanket term referring to communication that is not aggressive. Since, I've learned that NVC is a much more tangible system which entirely transformed how I think about and approach conflict. Speaking with others who had attended this training was helpful as I began to practice NVC techniques in daily life. I was tentative as I first tried out this new approach and was shocked by how effective active listening, self empathy, and genuine requests where when practiced mindfully. Importantly, NVC can be practiced very effectively with individuals who have never encountered such training, as it's built on principals of intrinsic human nature.”
  –Workshop Organizer Claire Murphy

Content maintained by Webmaster.