The 2012-13 Faculty/Staff Giving Campaign is underway!
Private giving is important to the University and its Students.
Giving shows that we believe in what we do and we want our students to succeed. Over the years, faculty and staff of UAS have given to a variety of funds, including Scholarships, Department Support Funds, and Special Projects – like the Eagle Totem and the Auke Lake Trail. Private donations help pay for those things that general funds cannot. THANK YOU to everyone who has given in the past, and in advance to all of you who will join your colleagues by participating in this year’s campaign.
Give or pledge $50 this year and receive a premium item. This year’s selection is a cool UAS Logo First Aid Kit – great for your car, your desk, or your bag! We still have some past years’ selections available, too, including UAS logo corkscrews, 20-ounce coffee mugs, umbrellas and Swiss army knives. Support the fund of your choice at the level of $50 or more, and any of those items can be yours.
Step it up this year and join the Chancellor’s Circle! A $1,000 pledge is all it takes - use payroll deduction to make it easy! Direct your gift to the fund of your choice. What fund or its beneficiaries are near and dear to your heart? There are special premiums for Chancellor’s Circle Members! Pledge or give $1,000 and take your pick of:
- Limited Edition UAS Whale Pin by Local Cloisonné artist Bill Spears
- UAS Scarf or Necktie
- Lands End Carry-All Bag
Each year Chancellor Pugh selects certain funds to focus on. This year we are highlighting funds by School or Campus:
School of Arts & Sciences:
- Mike Miller Endowed Scholarship: to assist undergraduate students pursuing a BLA and majoring in communications
- John Rutherford Noyes Memorial Scholarship Endowment: to provide scholarships students who demonstrate motivation plus academic and leadership potential. Preference given to Science and Education Majors, as well as to members of the Alaska National Guard
School of Education:
- Power Learners (new fund): supports the various UAS programs with faculty and/or students that work to improve reading, math and science skills of K-12 students.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Carol Koski Memorial Scholarship Endowment: to reward academic excellence and to support students choosing a career in education
School of Management:
- Jean Kline Memorial Scholarship Endowment: to provide assistance to women in an undergraduate or graduate program in the School of Business
- W. Lloyd Gallagher Memorial Scholarship Endowment: an endowed scholarship fund to support students majoring in Public Administration
School of Career Education:
- VoTech Programs Scholarship Endowment: to provide financial assistance for Southeast Alaskan students enrolled in Vocational or Technical programs at UAS
Carroll Fader Maritime Scholarship Fund: to provide scholarships for UAS Ketchikan campus students who are pursuing maritime careers
- Sitka General Scholarship Fund for the SITKA START program
Funds that Help Everyone:
- General Scholarship Support
- UAS General Support
A complete list of interesting funds is available on the web at uas.alaska.edu/development. Thanks so much for your participation this year! We are looking forward to a record-breaking year in participation.