There are multiple different systems that you will be using throughout your career at UAS, and keeping track of them can be a little tricky. Here is a list of systems you may be using and why/how you will access them:
|System:||Log in with:||Used for:|
|UASOnline||username||email, computer log in, class homesites|
|UAOnline||Student ID||applications, accounts, financial aid, registration, transcripts|
|Webmail||username||UAS email account|
|Blackboard||username||class site - part of UASOnline|
|Elluminate||username||class site - part of UASOnline|
Still have questions? Call the Helpdesk at 907-796-6400 or check out their site for useful information.
If you are on the Juneau campus, you can come in to Student Accounts and get your picture taken for a student ID card, also known as a Whale Card.
With a Whale Card you can:
- Put funds on your account to use at the Mourant Cafe;
- Use your membership at the REC Center;
- Attend campus events.
If you live in Housing, you can also:
- Use your meal plan at the Mourant Cafe or Bear's Pantry
- Pay for laundry
- Gain access to the Housing Lodge
You will need to complete an Enrollment Verification form.
After you fill out and submit this form, it is completed by the Registrar's office, where they will verify that you are registered for classes at UAS and for how many credits.
You will need to complete a Change of Major form.
Once you are formally admitted and taking classes at UAS, you may request to change your degree, major, minor, assigned academic advisor, or you may add a 2nd degree.
Though specific programs can vary, the general computer programs you will need include:
- Internet access
- Mozilla Firefox--Many of the programs at UAS may work better if you use Firefox as your Internet browser. To download Firefox go to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/.
- Microsoft Office (or similar product)
- Word processing, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint are the most commonly used.
- Adobe Reader
- Many UAS instructors will send you files in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files. Go to www.adobe.com to get Acrobat Reader.
- For some classes you may be downloading and viewing videos using RealPlayer. Go to http://www.real.com/.
You will need to fill out the Academic Success Review form.This form has additional steps you must take to complete it, including writing out a personal statement, meeting with your academic advisor, creating an academic plan, and submitting these and any additional documentation to the Financial Aid office.
Review carefully the instruction packet with the Academic Success Review Form for more information about supporting documentation and steps to complete the process.
After you submitted your documents your appeal will be reviewed by the Appeals Committee.
You will be notified via email about the decision made.
You will need to fill out a Petition form.
Deviations from academic requirements and regulations for both undergraduate and graduate students can be approved by academic petition. Changes in course level, grading or number of credits awarded are not petitionable.
The UAS Petition Committee may grant exceptions to student financial obligations. The Petition Committee considers petitions only when a student has been medically disabled, has experienced a death in the family, or has a change in employment hours or location beyond the student's control.