What are the Benefits?
- It's convenient: Using your Whale Card is easier than carrying cash, checks or credit cards.
- It's faster than cash: The Whale Card will always have exact change.
- It's safe: If your Whale Card is lost or stolen, simply email or call (907) 796-6493, and we'll take care of the rest.
- The Safeway store in Juneau offers a 10% discount all day on Sundays when you present your Whale Card.
What can I do with my Whale Card?
- It's your official UAS ID
- It's your library card (NEW! Set this up at the Egan Library)
- It's your key access to campus buildings
- It's your key access for residents of on-campus housing
- It's your access to the UAS Juneau Recreation Center
- It's a way to pay for many things around campus including dining service locations, as well as campus stores and on-campus housing laundry facilities
What's the difference between "Dining Dollars" and "Whalebucks"?
Dining Dollars are used for food purchases only at the on-campus dining facilities as well as at the campus stores. They cannot be used for non-food purchases. In addition, Dining Dollars accounts do not carry over from one term to another.
Whale Bucks can be used at any of the campus stores as well as for housing laundry facilities.
How do I add Whalebucks?
There are a few different ways to add Whalebucks to the Whale Card:
- Through the eAccounts website
- Through the iOS or Android mobile app
- By visiting the Student Accounts office
- By using the machines located at John Pugh Hall or at the Main Housing Lodge
How can I apply for my Whale Card?
- Fill out the Whale Card Application Form
- Take the completed form to Student Accounts to receive your Whale Card
How much will it cost to get my Whale Card?
There is no cost for your initial card. However, replacing lost, stolen, or damaged cards will require a fee of $10.