UAS April First Friday and Saturday Arts Events
The Alaska Coastal Rainforest Center will sponsor a climate change workshop in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Alaska State Chapter of The Wildlife Society. This is not a "wildlife‐centric" workshop but broad‐based and interdisciplinary.
The workshop will be held on Tuesday, April 5, 2011, from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. at Centennial Hall.
UAS is a partner of the Alaska Coastal Rainforest Center.
The workshop kicks off the annual meeting of the Alaska State Chapter of The Wildlife Society, April 5-7. The program includes more than 60 presentations and posters on wildlife research and management across Alaska from the alpine to the ocean. UAS Environmental Science faculty Sanjay Pyare and Eran Hood are two of the presenters.
- A workshop on climate change adaptation frameworks, sponsored by the Alaska Coastal Rainforest Center
- Special sessions on management of second growth forest for wildlife, marine bird and mammal research in Alaska, and biodiversity and change in alpine ecosystems
- Contributed papers and posters on a diverse array of wildlife-related topics
- Banquet speaker Dr. Dominick DellaSala on "The forgotten rainforests: Temperate and boreal forests of the world"
- A lunch time discussion on statewide coordination of response to white-nose syndrome in bats
- The State Chapter annual business luncheon