Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

Covid-19 Office Operations

Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.

Who is my advisor?

Please visit our Find Your Advisor tool to help you determine your academic advisor.

All first year and transfer students under 30 credits are required to work with an advisor prior to registering for classes. We recommend that all students work with an advisor as they progress towards graduation.

The Academic Advising (AA) hold limits students from registration functions, including dropping or withdrawing from classes. Advising holds generally apply to first year students and transfer students with under 30 credits. You may also have this hold if you are placed on academic warning or probation. Anyone with an AA hold needs to make an appointment with his or her advisor.

To best prepare for your advising appointment, please complete all required placement tests, review the class schedule, think about your goals, make a list of questions, and prepare any written documents or forms in advance.

Many of our students live outside of our campus communities and are able to work with advisors throughout their time at UAS. Advising can take place via telephone, email, Skype or Illuminate. Visiting with an advisor is always strongly encouraged, at any point in your college career. By accessing an advisor's knowledge and expertise, you will be able to succeed in your efforts at completing a degree program.

Part-time means you are taking between 6-11 credits in any one semester. Full-time means you are taking between 12-18 credits in any one semester.

In order to graduate in a timely matter, you should consider 15 credits per semester. Talk to your advisor about what is the right credit load for you.

You can register online at UAOnline. All first year and transfer students with under 30 credits are required to work with an advisor prior to registering for classes.

Course descriptions can be found either by clicking on the Course Registration Number (CRN) on the online course schedule on UAOnline or by reviewing the Academic Catalog on our website. These course descriptions will not only describe the course but also includes all co-requisite or pre-requisite information.

You can submit a Change of Major form to the Registrar’s Office to change your major, add a degree or switch advisors. Talk to your advisor about what degree program might be the best match for you.

1) Show up; 2) Participate; 3) Ask for help. Students who go to classes, do their homework, ask questions and apply smart study skills generally do well in school. UAS has a multitude of services available to support students including tutoring, counseling, disability services, career services, college success courses and more. Advisors can assist in referring you to appropriate resources.

Withdrawing from a class can affect GPA calculations, financial aid implications (current and future), housing policies, or staying on track with your academic plan. Meet with your advisor for more information.

An academic plan is a combination of short and long term goals. Thinking about a study abroad program? An internship? What about summer classes? Degree Works is a tool you and your advisor can use to create a plan to reach your goals.

Degree Works is an effective tool that allows you to identify your current progress towards your degree completion, calculate your projected GPA, make and store academic plans, and explore UAS degree program options with the ‘what-if’ feature.

If you are on Academic Probation or Warning, you will have an Academic Advising (AA) hold placed on your account. You will be required to work with an advisor to make a plan to get back to satisfactory academic progress (SAP = 2.0 or higher GPA and 67% completion rate).


Content maintained by Academic Advising. Feedback Form