UAS/American Bald Eagle Foundation Internship
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for in-person, phone, or video appointments. Email or call for more information. Additional information is also available on the UA coronavirus information website.
All-expenses paid summer internship opportunity in Haines, Alaska!
Do you have a passion for wildlife education? UAS is now accepting applications for one UAS undergraduate student to be an intern for the 2023 summer programming season at the American Bald Eagle Foundation (ABEF) in Haines Alaska. Meet guests from around the world and help share ABEF’s mission to protect bald eagles and their ecosystem through inspiring educational programming. Behind the scenes, learn what it takes to operate a nature center from animal husbandry to museum specimen care. In your down time, explore the incredible scenery of remote Southeast Alaska.
Environmental Education Intern:
The qualified candidate will:
- be flexible
- take initiative
- have a desire to learn
- be willing to accept constructive criticism
- work well in teams and alone
- manage time efficiently
- communicate clearly, directly, and honestly
- have a positive attitude
- willing and able to complete physically challenging tasks
- undergraduate student not graduating in May 2023. Soon-to-be graduates are encouraged to apply directly with ABEF.
Interns will receive a $380 bi-monthly stipend, free housing, and up to $1000 travel reimbursement.
Interested in applying? Applications are due by Friday, February 17 at 5pm AKST. Questions? Please contact Aimée Richards, UAS Career Services Coordinator at 907-796-6451 or email@example.com
For more information on the American Bald Eagle Foundation, please visit the ABEF website and Facebook page.
Please complete the 2023 UAS/ABEF Internship Application and email the requested documents below to Aimée Richards.
- Cover letter
- One or two page resume
- List of three professional references
- Two letters of references submitted directly by the author to firstname.lastname@example.org