UAS/American Bald Eagle Foundation Internship
All-expenses paid summer internship opportunity in Haines, Alaska!
Do you have a passion for wildlife education? UAS is now accepting applications for one UAS undergraduate student to be an intern for the 2023 summer programming season at the American Bald Eagle Foundation (ABEF) in Haines Alaska. Meet guests from around the world and help share ABEF’s mission to protect bald eagles and their ecosystem through inspiring educational programming. Behind the scenes, learn what it takes to operate a nature center from animal husbandry to museum specimen care. In your down time, explore the incredible scenery of remote Southeast Alaska.
The qualified candidate will:
- be flexible
- take initiative
- have a desire to learn
- be willing to accept constructive criticism
- work well in teams and alone
- manage time efficiently
- communicate clearly, directly, and honestly
- have a positive attitude
- willing and able to complete physically challenging tasks
- undergraduate student not graduating in May 2023. Soon-to-be graduates are encouraged to apply directly with ABEF.
Interns will receive a $380 bi-monthly stipend, free housing, and up to $1000 travel reimbursement.
Interested in applying? Applications are due by Friday, February 17 at 5pm AKST. Questions? Please contact Aimée Richards, UAS Career Services Manager at 907-796-6000 or email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- One or two page resume
- List of three professional references
- Two letters of references submitted directly by the author to firstname.lastname@example.org