Getting Ready for the Big Event
We know this has been a year unlike any other — let’s make this virtual celebration unforgettable.
Four ways to prepare for and personalize your virtual ceremony celebration
Step 1: Set Up a Watch Party
- Create a watch party on Zoom or Google Hangouts and invite out-of-town family and friends.
- Share the link to the commencement website: uas.alaska.edu/commencement to access the YouTube Premiere.
- Sign into YouTube using your Google account to participate in the chat during the ceremony.
- Tag photos from your watch party with #UASGrad to be featured on the UAS social media.
Step 2: Get Into the Spirit
- Dress in your cap and gown or use the UAS Grad 2021 filter on Instagram!
- Decorate your cap to celebrate your achievement.
- Stand up when you are recognized.
Step 3: Personalize Your Celebration
- Make your favorite food for the celebration.
- Make a music playlist for before and after the ceremony.
- Decorate your watch space with balloons, streamers, signs – get creative!
Step 4: Check Your Tech
- Check your technology before the ceremony.
- Ask your guests to check their links and technology too, so there’s no stress when the ceremony starts!