Ljubomir "LJ" Medenica, D.B.A.
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.), California Coast University
- M.B.A., and B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering), University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia. (Academic Equivalency Evaluated and Verified in the US)
Dr. Ljubomir (“LJ”) Medenica is an assistant professor at the University of Alaska Southeast. Dr. Medenica has over 10 years of experience in teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Business and Public Administration.
Dr. Medenica also has over 20 years of experience as a practitioner in national and international engagements, working as a management consultant with Deloitte Consulting and some other consulting firms in Europe and the USA. He held various leadership end executive positions in both business and public sectors. Additionally, Dr. Medenica was in charge of designing and implementing the United Nation Development Program’s (UNDP) capacity building project for the Government of Montenegro, governing numerous international leadership and team-building workshops. He also taught MBA courses (Corporate Governance) with the European Center for Peace and Development. Among other jobs in the public sector, Dr. Medenica was Director of Organizational and Professional Development at Western Washington University.
With its strong practitioner orientation, Dr. Medenica is passionately contributing to Master of Public Administration program learning goals and outcomes, teaching organizational development, strategic human resources, and change management, public financial management, economics and public policy, and various courses focused on nonprofit administration. His specialty is infusing business and entrepreneurial perspectives and practices in developing effective public governance and management.
- UAS - Adjunct Faculty Excellence Award for 2011-2012 Academic Year.
- Outstanding Research Award, The Institute of Business and Finance Research, Global Conference on Business and Finance, January 2016
- Western Washington University (WWU), Bellingham, Washington – Director of Organizational and Professional Development (2013);
- United Nation Development Program (UNDP) – Chief Technical Advisor, Lead Management Consultant, Corporate Trainer; Montenegro (2010-2013);
- RHS Smith Dist. (Conoco-Phillips), Director of Business Development, Washington, 2002-2009;
- LeMaster and Daniels, PLLC, Senior Management Consultant, Washington, 2000-2001;
- LJ Medenica Consulting, LLC, Founder and Owner; (1996-Present).
- Deloitte& Touche Consulting, Central/Eastern Europe, Belgrade; Director, Strategy Consulting;
- Economic Institute, Belgrade, Director, Consulting Services;
- International Engineering Projects – Project Manager (various companies and countries).