Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

Covid-19 Office Operations

Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.

You must be fully admitted and registered before your financial aid can be fully processed.
  • Make sure you are admitted into a Degree Seeking Program (Associate of Arts/Science, Bachelor of Arts/Science or Masters Degree programs) or an eligible certificate program (30 credits or more).
  • Send in your official FINAL transcripts from your high school and any college transcripts.
  • Take the placement tests, either on campus or distance. For more information refer to the Learning Center.
  • Meet with the academic advisor for your program and register for classes.

For more details please visit the Admissions website or contact them at (907) 796-6100

  • Once you've completed the FAFSA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you by the U.S. Department of Education. If you have listed our school code (001065), we will also receive an electronic copy. A valid SAR must be on file with UAS in order to process your financial aid.
  • If you are selected for verification, you will be required to submit certain documentation before any financial aid can be processed or disbursed. Make sure you turn in ALL the required forms, if you don't it will cause processing delays. Make sure your UAS student ID number is on all copies of all documents you submit to the Financial Aid Office. Email is our primary form of communication, so please make sure we have an accurate email address for you, and you check it often. All worksheets can be found under the forms link on the financial aid web page.
  • Review your Financial Aid requirements on UAOnline
After you have logged on to UAOnlineSecured Area then:
Click on Financial Aid
Click on Eligibility
Click on Student Requirements
Here it will show you a list of what is needed to complete your financial aid application.
You must complete the Federal Aid Refund Instruction Form if you wish to use your financial aid to pay for books (speak with the bookstore regarding this process--(907)796-6401), bus passes, etc and to pay minor prior-year charges ($200 or less) that may be on your account.

Log into UAOnline with your student ID number and 6 character pin and: 

  1. Click on Financial Aid
  2. Click on Award
  3. Click on Award by Aid Year
  4. Select the Current Aid Year
  5. Click on Accept Award Offer

Decide whether you will accept the full amount, partial amounts or none of the Federal loans offered to you.

NOTE: This step must be completed or loan requests will not be processed. If you qualify for the Pell Grant or other scholarships or grants they will automatically be accepted for you.

  • The MPN is a promissory note that can be used to make one or more loans over a ten year period. A separate MPN is required for Direct Stafford loans, Graduate PLUS loans, and Parent PLUS loans.

    Undergraduate and Graduate Direct Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized borrowers under the Direct Loan Program will sign one promissory note which can be used for all that program's loans over multiple academic years.

    Graduate/Professional student borrowers may also be eligible for a Graduate PLUS loan depending on their cost of attendance. Eligibility for a Graduate PLUS loan is contingent upon creditworthiness.

    Parents my borrow funds on a dependent undergraduate student's behalf. The Parent PLUS Loan is contingent upon creditworthiness.

  • First time Stafford Loan borrowers must complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling  before any loan disbursements can occur.
  • Check out our scholarship listings
  • View the scholarship page for more information
  • Complete and continue to update national scholarship profiles including:

If you would like to sign up for direct deposits of financial aid refunds please visit the Student Refunds page.

For information on employment opportunities in the community contact Career Services in the Mourant Building or at 907-796-6368

You can visit many job sites including:

Student On-campus jobs

State of Alaska Job Service

Workplace Alaska

 Federal Work Study Program:

This is a need based work program which requires that students file the FAFSA.

Federal Work Study programs allow students to work up to 20 hours per week during the semester and up to 40 hours per week during semester breaks. Wages are typically $8.00-$10.00 per hour, and are paid directly to the student every two weeks. The amount of the Federal Work Study award over an academic year is determined after all other awards has been awarded. Federal Work Study is to be considered a part of your financial aid, and may help you to be even more eligible for need-based aid (such as Pell Grant or Stafford Loan, or both) in the next academic year. This program is also a useful way to minimize how much you borrow.

  • Most resources that give a student financial aid has certain requirements that the student must meet. The best place to view those requirements is on the award letters if you receive scholarships or to contact the agency.
  • In order to receive financial aid from any of the Federal, State of Alaska, or UA funds, a student must be fully admitted into an eligible degree or certificate program. The student must also maintain satisfactory academic progress toward his/her education goals.
  • Click here for more information on Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • To make sure all financial aid requirements are met and make sure there is nothing missing on your scholarship application contact us at 907-796-6255 or email
  • You are responsible to monitor your own status.
  • Check your admission and financial aid status on UAOnline frequently.
  • Check for notifications or communications in your email account often.

Content maintained by Financial Aid. Feedback Form