Adding Whalebucks Funds
What's the difference between "Dining Dollars" and "Whalebucks"?
Dining Dollars are used for food purchases only at the on-campus dining facilities as well as at the campus stores. They cannot be used for non-food purchases. In addition, Dining Dollars accounts do not carry over from one term to another.
Whale Bucks can be used at any of the campus stores as well as for housing laundry facilities.
How do I add Whalebucks?
There are a few different ways to add Whalebucks to the Whale Card:
- Through the eAccounts website
- Through the iOS or Android mobile app
- By visiting the Student Accounts office
- By using the machines located at John Pugh Hall or at the Main Housing Lodge
- Unused Whalebucks expire after 18 months
- Unused Dining Dollars expire at the end of every term, and no refunds are available
- There will be a $10 administrative fee for Whalebucks account refunds or transferring money from a UAA Wolf or UAF PolarExpress card
For more information regarding the UAS Whale Card, see the student accounts website.Student Accounts Website