Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

How to Complete the FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for the Pell Grant, federal student loans and work-study. In addition the State of Alaska and many scholarship agencies require you complete the FAFSA. Students must be admitted as a degree seeking student to receive federal aid and many scholarships.

You need the following to complete your FAFSA:

  1. FSA ID to e-file the application.
  2. The UAS School Code: 001065, (listed as UAS Juneau but it's for all UAS students).
  3. Tax return transcripts for the calendar year 2 years PRIOR to the academic year for which you plan to attend school. (i.e. students applying for the 2021/2022 academic year will use their 2019 taxes)

The FAFSA must be resubmitted every year.

If you are a dependent student parental tax information is required. Parents must apply for a FSA ID to sign the FAFSA along with you (the FAFSA will determine if you are considered dependent or independent).  Most students are considered dependent until the age of 24, even if the student is supporting themselves.

Note: Planning on using the Alaska Performance Scholarship? You must submit a FAFSA and list the UAS school code (001065) first on your application.

Financial aid awards for UAS Ketchikan students are processed by the UAS Financial Aid office located in Juneau. Monitor your financial aid award status at UAOnline. Be sure to check often as the financial aid office may request further documentation before offering you an award.

Need Help?

Academic advisors are glad to support local and distance students with this process. Documents requested by the financial aid office may be turned in to Student Services in Ketchikan.


Content maintained by Ketchikan Campus.