Skip to Main Content

Non-Degree Seeking

Students who are not trying to earn a degree that may need a class to cover a pre-requisite, continuing education, or simply interested in a topic.

Not sure if you should apply for admission to a degree program or sign up for classes as a non-degree seeking student?  Call (907) 796-6100 and an Admissions Counselor can walk you through your options.

I am new to the University of Alaska

If you are new to the University of Alaska, create a profile and apply as a non-degree seeking student to get started. This will allow the university to assign you a student ID number, which you can then use to sign up for classes. This is a free application.

I have been a student before

If you have been a student at any University of Alaska campus before, you can use your student ID number and password to log in to UAOnline and register for classes.  If you can not remember your ID or password, you can find it with the Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO), or by calling (907) 796-6100.

If it has been awhile since you have taken a class, you may need to re-apply for admission.  This is a free application.

I would like to register with a paper form

You can also sign up for classes with a Course Registration Form, available online or on campus. Email your completed form to UAS Admissions, fax it to (907) 796-6365, or stop by one of our campuses in Juneau, Ketchikan, or Sitka.