Our primary goal is to constantly improve the technology service received by our University Community.
The UAS Blackboard system will undergo an upgrade from Service Pack 11 to Service Pack 13 on May 9 – May 11.
- Blackboard will be unavailable during the upgrade period: May 9-May 11, 2014.
- Faculty will need to make alternative arrangements for students while Blackboard is not available if you have a class or incompletes that extend over this time.
Blackboard will have a new "look and feel". The new Service Pack 13 will also provide faculty with new and improved functionality including Blackboard’s Blogs and Wikis, an enriched "text" editor, improved Calendar tool, and more.
- Reminder: Campus Pack Blogs, Wikis and other Campus Pack tools on Blackboard will be discontinued June 2014.
For summer 2014 term and beyond you should plan on using the Blackboard blogs, wikis and journals. All Campus Pack content (including that in older courses) will be unavailable after June 2014 but can be exported and saved. Follow the link below for instructions.
Faculty are also welcome to preview the new Service Pack 13 environment by creating a test course in the BBSANDBOX term. Please visit the upgrade link below for instructions.
- For more information and continuing updates please visit www.uas.alaska.edu/idc/upgrade/
You may also contact the UAS Helpdesk for any additional assistance at 796-6400 (1-877-465-6400 Toll-free) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An outage on Sunday affected logins for UAS Online, UAA/UAS ELMO, and additional systems which rely on campus logins.
The system was restored at approximately 4:30pm on Sunday.
UAS will discontinue support for streaming Real media content at the conclusion of the Spring-2014 term. This only affects videos that have been hosted on the Real streaming server. Real video content can be identified by the format of the link:
- It may begin with "rstp" rather than "html" as in rtsp://uasmedia.uas.alaska.edu:556 ....
- It may include the work "ramgen" in the URL as in http://giallar.uas.alaska.edu/ramgen/...
Please note that links which refer to uasmedia using the "rstp" protocol or "ramgen" are currently NOT working. For this term they will work if "uasmedia.uas.alaska.edu" is replaced by "giallar.uas.alaska.edu". Contact the Helpdesk for assistance in updating links for this semester.
The Flash media format is currently supported in the UAS streaming environment.
Real Archives Options
Note: Although Media Services can convert Real to Flash format, this will result in a certain degree of loss in the video quality.
1) Faculty using Real content should contact their provider to determine if a Flash format or other high quality video format is readily available.
2) Faculty may submit a request to UAS Media Services to have existing Real archives or other video formats converted to the Flash format. Faculty will need to create/update URL links on their Blackboard course sites to the new files.
Media Services can be reached at 907-796-6374 to arrange for assistance to convert Real files or other video formats.
Please feel free to contact the UAS Helpdesk at email@example.com or 796-6400 for additional assistance.
Technicians have identified a problem with the equipment at our service provider. The equipment has been repaired, and campus phones can once again dial to outside numbers.
Regional IT Help Desk
11120 Glacier Hwy
Holiday & Campus Closures
1/20/14-Alaska Civil Rights Day