The University Travel office is responsible for timely auditing and processing of the University travel expenses incurred by employees and authorized individuals. Close cooperation between University of Alaska schools and departments is essential to ensure the University’s compliance with Board of Regents policies, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Regulations and State law. The Travel office is also responsible for communicating travel rules and regulations to University schools and departments.
Additionally, the University Travel office is charged with administering the UA Travel Card Program for the Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan campus. The University has two Travel Card programs. The Departmental Card is used for purchasing tickets only (i.e., airfare, ferry). The Individual Card is for the traveler to use to pay their expenses while in Travel Status. You can find the forms for both of the travel card programs under Travel Forms.
- Travel Authorization Instructions
- Travel Expense Report (.xls)
- Local Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Departmental Travel Account Form
- Individual Bill Travel Account Form
- Travel Cardholder Agreement
- Unauthorized Purchase Form
- Lost Ticket/Boarding Passes Form
- UA Travel Card Holder - Code of Ethics (.pdf)
- University Travel Regulations (.pdf)
- International Travel-Delegation of Authority
- Per Diem - Worldwide List
- Domestic Per Diem Information
- Department of Defense: Rates set for Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, and Possessions (OCONUS Rates). This resource is only to be used for AK Per Diem rates for the Non-Urban Areas that are not listed on the AK Lodging or AK Per Diem spreadsheets located on the Statewide Financial Systems website.
- Pathway Net Posting Schedule
- Alaska Airlines EasyBiz
- UA Travel Web Site
Risk Management Related to Travel
- UA Travel Accident Insurance
- UA Student Accident/Travel Insurance
- UA Auto Liability
- UA Auto Physical Damage Coverage
- UA Volunteer Services & Liability
Renting a Vehicle?
As a political sub-division of the State of Alaska, the University may purchase from the Statewide Vehicle Rentals contract. This contract provides unlimited mileage/use vehicle rentals statewide with minimum locations in the Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage areas on an as-needed basis. Vehicles are intended for pickup, use, and return to the original pickup point. Learn more.
What is TEM?
Banner Travel and Expense Management (TEM) is a web-based application used to manage travel and expense activity at the University of Alaska. This application is integrated with Banner and allows for a full range of travel and expense reporting.
With the implementation of TEM, Travel Encumbrances are no longer entered via Banner. Travel Authorization Reports and Expense Reports are now processed through TEM.
Pilot departments have been selected with the pilot program commencing on May 1, 2013. The university is now entering the Full implementation phase of the program.
Please contact Wendy Cole for JNU MAU [907-796-6491 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see how your department/school can start participating in the new online web based travel system.