A number of people are being caught by the security in Internet Explorer.
After clicking the WebMeet link, there may be a small yellow bar that appears above the navigation bar for the course.
It indicates that the download was blocked and to click here for further instructions. Click the bar and choose Download File... Internet Explorer will then return to the course homesite. Click the Webmeet link again and it should then open the session.
To stop the information bar from blocking file and software downloads
- Click to open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
- To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
- Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.
· Click on WebMeeting link.
· Immediately you are prompted that IE8 has blocked a download:
· Click on the light yellow banner and choose Download File:
· The Elluminate session will then begin to load. If this is your first time loading Elluminate, you will see a download dialog box:
· After the Elluminate software downloads, you will be asked to trust the content of the program.
o Click Always trust content from this publisher:
· Elluminate will finish loading, and prompt you with an agreement of terms.
o Choose I agree and click OK:
· Elluminate, to maximize your experience, will prompt for your connection speed.
· The recommended connection speed will be highlighted. If you would like to adjust this, do so and click OK:
· The session should finish loading and you will see the default view: