UAS Student Housing
Your New Home On-Campus
Choosing a college is a very important decision, but deciding whether to live on or off campus can be just as important. The living and learning environment of Student Housing can be a source of further education on living in a community environment.
UAS Offers residence-hall style suites, two and four bedroom apartment units, and community services offered in a location convenient to most other campus services and locations.
Why live on-campus?
There are numerous benefits to living on-campus, beyond simple convenience. Opportunities to develop friendships with other residents and connections with faculty and staff can be vital to creating a supportive network and resources in your education. The Residence Life department’s goal is to provide a living environment that focuses on academic success. We do this by creating and maintaining comfortable homes for our students, through policies and procedures that encourage learning and studies, and by implementing programs and events that challenge our residents to reflect upon their growth.
National research confirms what we know and appreciate – that students living on-campus:
- Finish college in less time
- Have more contact with faculty, staff, and other students
- Are exposed to a wider range of ideas and cultures
- Are challenged to and develop strong interpersonal skills
Furthermore, our own student satisfaction surveys indicate that in comparison to other peer colleges and universities, UAS residents feel:
- more safe and secure in their living environments
- comfortable with live-in, paraprofessional student staff
- that fellow residents are tolerant and accepting of diverse views
- we have a true community atmosphere”
Under Construction: Rooms with Campus Access
Visit the freshman housing website for more information on the 120 bed residence hall, opening this fall.