Skip to Main Content


Students who have completed one year or more of college level classes (30 semester credits or 45 quarter credits).

Important Deadlines

Deadline DateDeadline Description

Spring Semester Application Deadline

University of Alaska Scholarship Deadline

Summer Semester Application Deadline


Fall Semester Application Deadline

Apply for Admission

Application Fees: $40 Certificate and Associate; $50 Bachelor. Application fee is non-refundable.

Note: Some programs require additional documents for admission and have different submission deadlines.

Submit Official Transcripts

High School Transcripts: Send in-progress transcripts during your senior year for early admission. After graduation, have your school send your final official transcript.

College Transcripts: If you have taken college classes outside of the University of Alaska system, have your previous college or university send an official copy of your transcript. You do not need to request transcripts from any University of Alaska campus (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Southeast, or other branch campuses).


UAS Admissions Office
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801

Tel: (907) 796-6100
Fax: (907) 796-6002


Novatney Building, Second Floor
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801
Ziegler Building
2600 Seventh Ave
Ketchikan, AK 99901
UAS Sitka Campus
1332 Seward Ave
Sitka, AK 99832

UAS accepts unofficial in-progress transcripts (email attachments, printouts, or copies) for early admission for high school seniors. For full admission, UAS requires official copies of final transcripts. To be considered official, transcripts must be mailed/emailed directly from the high school, or from a transcript request service for college transcripts. If you bring your transcript to a UAS campus in person, it must be in a sealed envelope from the school or college.

Submit Test Scores

ACT or SAT scores: Have your official scores sent directly from the ACT or the College Board (SAT). Not required for Associate or Certificate programs.

The UAS ACT code is 0153How to have official ACT scores sent

The UAS SAT code is 4897How to have official SAT scores sent

Transfer students must have graduated from an accredited high school or have a GED and are currently attending or have previously attended a college or university.

Students who took college-level courses while in high school are considered freshmen.

Undergraduate Admission Requirements

Transfer students with 30 or more college credits:

To qualify for admission to a baccalaureate, associate or certificate program, a student must:

  • have completed 30 college level semester credits with a GPA of at least a 2.00; and
  • left their previous institution in good standing.

Transfer students with less than 30 college credits:

To qualify for admission a student must:

  • have a college level GPA of at least a 2.00; and
  • left their previous institution in good standing; and
  • meet the high school requirements listed below:
    • Bachelor Degrees - To qualify for admission to a baccalaureate program, a student must satisfy at least one of the following:
      • graduate from an accredited high school with a GPA of at least 3.00 and complete of either the ACT or SAT;  or
      • graduate from an accredited high school with a GPA of at least 2.50 and an ACT score of at least 18 or an SAT score of at least 1290.
    • Associate Degrees or Certificates - To qualify for admission to an Associate degree or certificate program, a student must satisfy one of the following:
      • graduate from an accredited high school with a GPA of a 2.00;  or
      • successfully complete the GED.

Please note that students who have a GPA below a 2.00 will be individually reviewed and may be admitted on probation.

Elementary or Special Education: Education majors will be working in schools with young children. To be admitted to either major, you must submit an Interested Person Report on yourself. If you are currently working in a school and have a background check on file, have your school send a copy directly to the UAS Admissions Office.

Outdoor Skills and Leadership Certificate: Additional requirements include a physical, a resume or list of relevant experience/skills/certifications, and letters of recommendation. Outdoor Skills and Leadership Certificate Requirements

For more information: Admissions Office or call (907) 796-6575 / Toll Free: 1-877-465‑4827

Common FAQs

Typically the Admissions Office processes new applications in one to two business days. You will receive an email notifying you we have received your application and of any remaining requirements.

The Admissions Office has a limited number of fee waivers and evaluates requests on a case by case basis. Applicants are required to submit the Application for Admission Fee Waiver Request form.

UAS considers a transcript to be official if it has been sent directly by the issuing high school or college. Transcripts may be submitted electronically to, or by mail to:

UAS Admissions Office
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801

Please note that faxed transcripts are not official.

If you have a transcript from your high school or previous college in the original sealed envelope, you can bring it directly to the front counter of the Juneau, Ketchikan, or Sitka campus.

Yes, UAS offers select distance degrees to students who reside outside of Alaska.


  • Accounting Technician*
  • Health Information Management Coding Specialist*
  • Small Business Management*

Associate Degrees

  • AAS in Business Administration*
  • AAS in Health Information Management**

Bachelor Degrees

  • Bachelor of Business Administration* (Accounting, Management, or Human Resources Management)

Master’s Degrees

  • Master of Education in Educational Technology*
  • Master of Public Administration* (also available in Whitehorse, YT Canada)

* Indicates program may be offered via distance to students outside of Alaska. Non-resident surcharges may apply.
** Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) state only

If you are unable to attend the semester you are admitted, you may postpone your application for up to one year. Please complete, sign, and return a Postpone Form. If you have questions regarding postponing your application, please contact the Admissions Office at (907) 796-6100 (toll free at (877) 465-4827) or by email

If you decide not to attend the University of Alaska Southeast, please submit a Withdraw Formand contact the Admissions Office at (907) 796-6100 (toll free at (877) 465-4827) or by email at as soon as possible so that we may inactivate your file.

No, being admitted is just a part of the enrollment process.

In order to be enrolled, you must be fully admitted and registered for classes.

In order to receive credit for prior courses completed at another institution, you must first apply for admission and submit official transcripts from the previous college or university you attended.

Please have all transcripts and other official documents sent to:

UAS Admissions Office
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801

When you are admitted, the UAS Credentials Evaluator will review and evaluate your prior credits. This process generally takes 2-4 weeks.

UAS will transfer only college level credit from institutions that are accredited by one of the following regional accrediting agencies:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

In order to receive credit from institutions outside the University of Alaska system, a grade of "C-" (1.7) or higher must be earned.

Grades of a 'D-" (0.7) or above are transferable only within the University of Alaska system, however they may not be acceptable to satisfy academic major requirements.

Yes. Students are required to send in transcripts for any school where they have an academic record - even in they never attended and withdrew from all classes.

Failure to disclose and send in official copies of all transcripts may result in your application being denied.

No, to be officially admitted we require official copies of all transcripts. We strongly encourage students to work out a payment plan for any balances they have with any prior institutions.

Students can take classes as non-degree seeking without applying for admission, however they will not be eligible for financial aid.

University of Alaska Southeast automatically converts credits accepted from other institutions to semester hours. The standard formula for quarter hour conversion is, quarter hours x 0.667.

Example: 5 quarter hours x 0.667 = 3.34 semester hours

Transfer credit equivalents vary among semester, unit and quarter universities.

Courses equated to UAS courses that are short 1.00 credit or less, will meet UAS course requirements without requiring a petition and you would simply make up that credit elsewhere in your degree program (such as in your electives).

If you are short more than 1.00 credit for a particular requirement, please contact your advisor.

Transfer credits are not included in your UAS grade point average (GPA) computation, except to determine eligibility for graduation with honors.

Courses below a 100 level are not transferable to UAS.

his does not necessarily mean that your courses will not transfer. It may be that the courses are not yet part of our database, which is always growing.