UAS Center for Mine Training
The Mission of the UAS/CMT is to provide world-class workforce training in occupational fields leading to employment in the mining industry, with a special emphasis on expanding an Alaskan workforce for underground hard rock mining. "Operated in partnership with the University of Alaska's Statewide Corporate Programs and UA Mining and Petroleum Training Service (MAPTS)."
We offer classes and training for people looking for work in the mining industry as well as upgrade training for those already employed in the mining industry.
Job Training Information for Alaska High School Students
Introduction to Mining Occupations and Operations scheduled to start January 26, 2015. Learn about mining occupations from professional miners. For Juneau students, please register here. For students outside of Juneau, please register at http://www.uas.alaska.edu/career_ed/tech-prep/students.html.
- Occupational Endorsement: Power Technology with an emphasis in Mine Mechanics
- Associate of Applied Science in Mine Mechanic
- Entry Level Hard Rock Miner Training
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48a Underground Inexperienced New Miner
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48a Underground Refresher
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48b Surface Inexperienced New Miner
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48b Surface Refresher
- UAS to be first school in nation for new mining simulator
- Hecla donates $300K to UAS for mining training program
- Degrees to dig
- Classes train mine workers
- March of the Sims: USuni training section buys Thoroughtec simulator
- Coeur Alaska sustains scholarship fund
- UAS unveils $800K mine trainer
- UAS mining course to make Juneau kids competitive
- Field Trip: High school students take mine tour as part of intro to mining class
- Parnell urges mining students to follow their passions
- Parnell speaks to high schoolers at UAS