Meet with your academic advisor and review your DegreeWorks audit to determine if you are ready to graduate, prior to applying for graduation.
To apply for graduation, complete and submit a Graduation Application (PDF | 54KB) to the Registrar's Office. Graduate students must be enrolled in graduate level courses on the same semester they plan to graduate.
Graduation application will not be processed without payment. If you are graduating with more than one degree (not a double major), you must complete a separate application for each degree.
If you plan to change your major or degree, a Change of Major/Degree (PDF | 48KB) must be completed prior to applying for graduation.
You must be admitted into the degree program from which you intend to graduate.
- Occupational Endorsement, Certificate, Graduate Certificate, and Workforce Credentials - No Fee
- Associate, Bachelor, and Master degrees - $50.00
- Late applications - an additional $25.00 fee
Graduation Application deadlines:
- Fall Graduation - October 1st
- Spring Graduation - February 1st
- Summer Graduation - July 1st
Late Graduation Application deadlines:
- Fall Graduation - October 31st
- Spring Graduation - March 1st
- Summer Graduation - July 19th
We cannot guarantee recognition in the yearly commencement program for late applications
The University of Alaska Southeast hold an annual commencement at each campus at the end of the spring semester. Degree candidates who will be within six credits of degree completetion by the end of the spring semester are invited to attend that spring's commencement ceremony.
Participating in commencement does not guarantee graduation.
Undergraduates should order invitations, a cap, gown and tassel as soon as possible, but no later than April 1st, 2014. Masters students should order their hood no later than March 1st, 2014.
The cap, gown and hood order forms are available below as well as the graduation announcement order forms. You may also view pricing and order online from the Bookstore website.
- Cap and Gown Order Form (Form Enabled PDF | 123 KB)
- Graduation Announcement Order Form (Form Enabled PDF | 262 KB)
If you have questions please contact Peter Sommers at (907) 796-6464.