Eagle Totem Campaign Accepts $5k Goldbelt Donation
To date the campaign has raised $140,917, including Sealaska’s $40,000 in-kind donation of the red cedar log.
Date of Press Release: March 11, 2010
Goldbelt Incorporated has presented a check for $5,000 to the University of Alaska Southeast Eagle Totem Campaign. To date the campaign has raised $140,917, including Sealaska’s $40,000 in-kind donation of the red cedar log. The purpose of the Eagle Totem project is to erect a pole on the UAS Juneau campus to provide balance with an existing Raven pole. The fundraising effort is being led by the student club Wooch.een.
A raising ceremony for the Eagle Totem will take place in the UAS Courtyard, Auke Lake Campus on Saturday, April 24, between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. The event will include a dance and remarks by Haida carvers Joe and T.J. Young, a catered reception, and dance performances by several local dance groups.
UAS Thanks the Following for their Eagle Totem Campaign Donations:
- $43,100 Sealaska Corporation (includes $40,000 in-kind donation of the log)
- $25,000 The Rasmuson Foundation
- $14,300 Wooch.een / UAS Native Student Club
- $10,520 UAS Faculty & Staff
- $5,000 UAS Alumni Association
- $5,000 Goldbelt, Inc.
- $2,500 First National Bank Alaska
- $1,000 Elgee Rehfeld Mertz, LLC
- $1,000 Huna Heritage Foundation
Press Release Contact
UAS Coordinator, Native and Rural Student Center (NRSC)