The Interrelationships Between Tribes, Corporations, and City, State and Federal Governments
UAS Evening at Egan Speaker Richard Chalyee Éesh Peterson to present “The Interrelationships between Tribes, Corporations, and City, State and Federal Governments,” October 15
Date of Press Release: October 11, 2021
The annual fall lecture series Evening at Egan continues this Friday, October 15, 2021 at 7 pm with a virtual presentation by Richard Chalyee Éesh Peterson, President, Central Council Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska. Chalyee Éesh will speak about the interrelationships between tribes, corporations, and city, state and federal governments. He will discuss understanding tribal sovereignty and being good neighbors. He will also talk about how healthy tribes make healthy communities.
This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic all Evening at Egan events will be offered virtually using Zoom. The full line-up of speakers and registration links is currently live on the Egan Lecture page. Once registered, a link is provided to the participant. After each event, the lectures are posted to the UAS YouTube channel. These videos can also be accessed on the Egan Lecture page, with the button for each lecture changing its label from “free registration” to “watch video.”
- October 22 - Joel Markis, Associate Professor and Program Director, Applied Fisheries: “Fisheries, Aquaculture and Mariculture in Southeast Alaska”
- October 29 - Dr. Megan Buzby, Associate Professor of Mathematics: “The `Real' World, from One Mathematician's Point of View”
- November 5 - Jason Gootee: “Health Insurance in Alaska – a look at the 2022 environment”
- November 12 - Ronalda Cadiente Brown, Associate Vice Chancellor for Alaska Native Programming and Director of the PITAAS Program: “Alaska Native Success Initiative”
- November 19 - Renee Tl'aagunk Culp, Juvenile Justice Coordinator, Central Council Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska: “I too yei yatee - It is within you: Generational Trauma & Resiliency”
Updates for the lectures series. Lectures can be watched live or recorded the UAS Youtube channel.
Press Release Contact
University of Alaska Southeast