Finalists Announced for University of Alaska Southeast Chancellor
These five leaders were chosen from a pool of diverse and highly qualified candidates.
Date of Press Release: January 9, 2023
The University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) Chancellor Search Committee announced today that it has recommended five candidates to meet with the UAS community in the final phase of the chancellor review process. These five leaders were chosen from a pool of diverse and highly qualified candidates.
The search committee believes it is important for the UAS and Southeast community to learn as much as possible about these highly qualified candidates, have the opportunity to engage with them, and provide feedback to the committee. The five candidates are:
- Cathy LeCompte, M.N.P.L., Division Director, Alaska Vocational Technical Center
- Joe Nelson, J.D., Chairman, Board of Directors, Sealaska
- Aparna Palmer, Ph.D., Vice President, Front Range Community College
- Lisa Parady, J.D., Ed.D., Executive Director, Alaska Council of School Administrators
- James Taylor, Ed.D., Senior Associate Vice President, Utah State University
Between January 23 and February 9, the candidates will visit the Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan campuses and meet with UAS students, faculty, staff, administrators, deans and directors. The candidates will also have one-on-one sessions with UA President Pat Pitney. Community forums and presentations are planned, designed for broad participation and all are encouraged to join meetings. The forums will be recorded and posted to the website for anyone not able to attend the live sessions.
More specific details about the candidates and campus visit dates. Meeting schedules, virtual meeting links, and a feedback form will be posted here when details are available.
Press Release Contact
University of Alaska Southeast